Redevelopment proposals for part of the St Peter’s Healthcare Campus
Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust intend to secure planning consent for the redevelopment of surplus land for housing at the St Peter’s Healthcare campus in Chertsey. The west site would then be sold in order to fund improved local healthcare facilities.
The money raised would:
- improve urgent and emergency care facilities and assessment units at St Peter’s Hospital
- support plans to upgrade and expand the affordable accommodation for Ashford and St Peter’s staff managed by Viridian – this will make St Peter’s more attractive to new NHS staff and improve living space for existing NHS staff
- provide significant funding towards redeveloping Surrey and Borders Partnership’s mental health hospital and community services to serve people in north west, mid and east Surrey.
The proposals largely focus on the western part of the St Peter’s Healthcare Campus which is jointly owned by Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
This area currently houses a range of community mental health services for people of all ages and a drug and alcohol detox unit. These will relocate within the local vicinity, and people who use these services will be involved in deciding where best suits the services’ needs. The area also houses old administrative and service buildings, housing for staff, and derelict areas.
The redevelopment proposals include:
- around 300 open-market homes consisting of a retirement village and a mix of apartments, and houses. These will make an important contribution to much-needed new homes in Runnymede
- around 60 new affordable homes, primarily for NHS staff
- a new, separate access road from Holloway Hill to the north west
- a new village green
- redeveloping housing on the eastern part of the campus to provide 72 modern affordable apartments, primarily for NHS staff
- options for accommodating parking on and off-site for around 250 spaces.
Aerial views of the current campus and of the indicative concept proposals are available to download from the images below.
Have Your Say
Your views are important to us. Before a planning application is submitted to Runnymede Borough Council, we would like to hear what you have to say.
You can get involved in a number of ways:
- View plans and access a feedback form on this page when these become available before the public exhibition.
- Come to a public exhibition on Thursday 27th April 2017 between 2.30pm to 7pm at the Postgraduate Education Centre, St Peter’s Hospital, Guildford Road, Chertsey to view plans and to put your questions to staff from the NHS Trusts and the technical consultancy team, including WYG planning consultants. You can also complete a feedback form at the exhibition.
- Respond to this consultation by emailing email@example.com or write to the planning consultant team at: St Peter’s Hospital Consultation, c/o WYG, Midsummer Court, 314 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK9 2UB.
Enquiries can also be addressed to the NHS Foundation Trusts at: