24 October 2012
International multi-disciplinary consultancy, WYG’s Dr. Cecilia MacLeod, Regional Director, will be speaking on the subject of stabilisation and solidification remediation techniques at the forthcoming Brownfield Briefing Conference this Thursday, 25 October.
The annual conference, attended by many of the industry’s leading regulators, consultants, contractors and land owners will be held at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London and will provide delegates with an insight into practical techniques for effective risk assessment to provide cost-efficient, sustainable and achievable remediation solutions on Brownfield sites.
With more than 25 years’ experience in site investigation, risk assessment and remediation in both the UK and USA, a regular contributor to Brownfield Briefing, Environment Industry Magazine and Geodrilling International and widely recognised as a leading presenter at national conferences in the UK, Cecilia is a well known figure in the geo-environment arena.
Speaking about her topic, Dr. MacLeod said: “Stabilisation and solidification is a soil remediation technique whereby contaminated soil is encapsulated and stabilised with a cementitious binder. The leachability of the contaminants is significantly decreased and, depending upon the contaminants in the matrix, the soil may be re-used as engineering materials on site. It is important that treatability work is undertaken prior to the implementation of the technique in order to ensure the correct mix design is employed. Studies have shown that soils treated using this technique are stable in the long term.”
Other guest speakers include:
• David Middleton, Contaminated Land Policy Advisor, DEFRA
• Richard Boyle, Senior Technical Manager, Homes and Communities Agency
• Paul Nathanail, Managing Director, University of Nottingham
• Margaret Cliff, Director, Roundhay Environmental Consulting Ltd.
• Jennie Daly, Managing Director, Harrow Estates
• Naomi Regan, Regeneration Manager, National Grid Property
• James Baldock, Principal Consultant, ERM
• Ged Duckworth, Director, GD Environmental
• Jon Owens, Soil Treatment Facilities Director, Celtic Technologies and Biogenie Site Remediation Ltd
• Ian Evans, Technical Director, AMEC
• Steve Edgar, Director, Vertase FLI
From Friday 26 October, you may request a copy of Cecilia’s presentation, by contacting WYG via: email@example.com