26 February 2013
As in previous years, WYG set aside a week last October to run a series of seminars and networking events up and down the country. Whilst building awareness of the ‘hot’ topics within the industry, the events also provide an opportunity for clients and WYG people to meet and network with other professionals working in the built environment.
WYG Week 2012 focused on the Planning & Environment arena and enjoyed a larger client and internal invitation list as well as bigger venues including Rumwell Hall, Taunton; Leeds Art Gallery; Merchant Hotel, Belfast; M Shed, Bristol; Towcester Racecourse and the Hilton Hotel, Manchester.
Presentations on topical issues from WYG experts included a Scottish planning update by the Edinburgh team, in addition to external speakers from the University of the West of England and William Orbinson, QC who talked about Northern Ireland planning issues, amongst others. The Leeds event was opened by a speech from Chief Executive Officer, Paul Hamer.
WYG provides consultancy and project management services that encompass every aspect of planning from town planning, landscape and design to environmental and sustainability consulting, with a client base that includes names such as BAE Systems, Balfour Beatty, Ministry of Justice, Sainsbury’s, Welsh Assembly and the National Trust.
A cheque for £466.68 was presented to this year’s beneficiary, Bliss, a UK based charity who provide care and support for premature and sick babies and their families.
WYG's London based Senior Planner, Hannah Blunstone, is pictured (left) presenting the cheque to Fiona Gaffney, Corporate Partnerships Officer from Bliss (right).
Notes to Editors
1. WYG is an established global management and technical consultancy to the built and natural environment that collaborates with clients in over 40 countries to help them realise their corporate and project ambitions.
2. A top 15 European consultancy and employing more than 1,400 people around the world, WYG has the expertise for every stage of a project’s life-cycle from planning and design to building and completion.
3. WYG takes enormous pride in the work it does and has been recognised with several prestigious industry awards including: ROSPA Gold Medal Award 2012; Institution of Structural Engineers (Lancashire & Cheshire Branch) best ‘Large Project in the North West’ and Concrete Society ‘sustainability’ awards 2012 for Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Student Hub & Business School; S-Lab best ‘New Laboratory Building’ 2012 and ‘Best Student Accommodation’ in the Your Move Property awards 2012 for University of Liverpool, Vine Court.
1. One in every 9 babies in the UK is born either premature or sick. The vital care that babies receive after birth can have a profound impact on the rest of their lives. For families struggling to cope, this will be one of the most difficult, emotional and stressful times of their lives. Bliss is the UK charity working to provide the best possible care and support for all premature and sick babies and their families.
2. For more information visit: http://www.bliss.org.uk/about-us/
For more information please contact:
Louise Gardner, PR and Communications Executive
WYG GROUP LTD
Arndale Court, Headingley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 2UJ
Tel: : +44 (0)113 278 7111