Richard J Phillips Director - Planning
Richard is a Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute with 25 years' experience in the public and private sector managing and delivering major development projects in sectors such as retail, renewable energy, residential and mixed-use schemes. His specialist expertise includes planning strategy, managing the planning application and EIA process, built heritage designations, retail assessments and planning appeals.
His recent projects include:
- Securing planning permission and delivering ten new large supermarkets across Scotland
- Caltongate – a major mixed-use redevelopment project in central Edinburgh
- Windfarms – including identifying relevant planning policy and assessment work
- Edinburgh Waterfront - planning application for a tall mixed use commercial building on waterfront site
- Edinburgh – new local centre comprising retail superstore, offices, hotel and associated car parking as part of major waterfront regeneration area.