Environmental Due Diligence (EDD) is a significant component of the overall due diligence undertaken in support of any transaction, investment, divestment or refinancing of any business. Effectively undertaken, EDD not only allows the identification quantification of any environmental liabilities that could materially impact the transaction, but also enables the identification of areas of environmental performance where value can be added post transaction.
We have extensive experience in delivering a range of EDD projects for legal, financial, industrial and development clients ranging from simple single site property/land condition assessment through to multi-site, multi-jurisdiction, detailed process compliance audits.
We develop a bespoke approach, tailored to the individual characteristics of the transaction and the client’s requirements. Our services include:
• pre-acquisition and vendor due diligence
• review of target history and environmental setting
• target management interviews
• environmental audit of facilities and operations
• assessment of environmental compliance against legislation
• quantification of any identified environmental liabilities
• input into SPA negotiations
• clear cost assessments for each identified liability and assessment of CAPEX for environmental issues.
In addition we can provide a range of services post transaction ranging from input to the 100 day plan through to liability reduction and assistance with business integration.
Take a look at our environmental due diligence infographic