Many development and engineering schemes require ecological assessment and mitigation. The presence of protected species, habitats or invasive weeds can have legal implications for the client and requires professional ecological advice and management.
Our ecologists have a wealth of experience in assisting clients to manage protected species and important habitats while allowing development to continue with a minimum of delays.
Ecological surveys carried out include ecological risk assessment, extended Phase 1 habitat and protected species surveys. Other services include preparation of mitigation plans, protected species licence applications, ecological impact assessments, planning advice and innovative solutions for habitat creation (e.g. green roofs, bat roosts and artificial badger setts).
- Ecological risk assessment and extended Phase 1 surveys
- BREEAM assessment and ecological design
- Protected species surveys (plants, bats, badgers, great crested newt, otter, water vole, birds, reptiles, invertebrates, white-clawed crayfish etc.) and licence applications
- Ecological impact assessment (EcIA)
- Habitat creation and management plans
- Ecological clerk of works and species translocation
- Expert witness and ecological advice
To find out how we can help you, please contact our Ecology Consultants team.