Services: Building Surveying
We offer building surveying services across the UK and internationally, for more information contact Barry Turner, Associate Director, Surveying & Management.
WYG, 1 Locksley Business Park, Montgomery Road, Belfast, BT6 9UP
Tel: +44 (0)28 9070 6000.
Building surveying provides a cost-effective, professional assessment of various building issues. Our building surveyors have in-depth experience of a range of building types and structures. They bring an analytical approach to this specialist role, where reliability is paramount.
We provide a wide range of services in relation to existing buildings, the construction of new buildings and alteration projects. Our teams are located within regional offices and are supported by a national network, which facilitates our engagement on projects of diverse capital values across the UK and internationally.
From individual surveys through to the refurbishment of offices or shopping developments, our professionals ensure successful progress at every stage.
Our range of services includes:
- condition and dilapidation surveys
- pre-acquisition surveys
- party wall surveying
- disability audits
- planned maintenance programmes
- design and contract administration
- planning and building regulation applications
- defect analysis
- construction quality inspections
- ecclesiastical work
We also offer statutory compliance reports and a number of other professional services including:
Building and Property Advice:
- insurance reinstatement valuations
- energy performance certificates and building energy ratings
- advice on the availability of grants
- measured surveys and preparation of AutoCAD drawings
- preparation of schedules of condition to attach to lease agreements.
Maintenance and Facilities Management:
- preparation of planned and cyclical maintenance reports and strategies
- specialist advice on life expectancy and maintenance implications
- formation and management of term and periodic contracts
- maintenance management software tailored to your needs
- management of response maintenance including help desk, works orders, budget control, inspection of works and reporting.
Design and Project Management:
- preparation of feasibility studies, outline designs, cost plans and development programmes
- conservation advice for listed buildings and monuments of historic interest
- advice on maintenance implications of design
- submission of planning and building control applications
- advice on energy saving design and measures to comply with current legislation
- preparation of proposals and tender documentation for the alteration, extension and refurbishment of existing buildings
- procurement and project management of construction contracts
- employers agent
- construction quality audits.
Legal Support Matters:
- expert witness
- negotiation of settlement on behalf of both landlords and tenants
- advice on covenants of repair contained in leases
- building and contract dispute resolution.
Statutory Compliance Surveys:
- access appraisal and auditing
- asbestos surveys and management
- fire risk assessment
- legionella assessments