Navigating the planning system
Waste planning is often politically contentious and can generate significant interest from affected communities. Effective management of the planning and political system is fundamental to the success of many waste management projects.
Our comprehensive waste planning service brings together a range of disciplines to manage the difficult technical, legal and political issues often associated with obtaining planning permission, including:
- waste site appraisals
- commercial feasibility studies and due diligence
- waste project feasibility, market, and technology appraisals
- technical analysis of waste planning issues
- promotion of sites for inclusion in waste plans
- waste planning policy appraisals
- waste planning applications and appeals
- waste and minerals planning evidence for public inquiries and legal cases
- extensive knowledge of waste technologies including more unusual processes such as anaerobic digestion, pyrolysis, gasification, WEEE reprocessing, MBT and autoclave
- preparation of waste Development Plan Documents (DPDs), Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) and specialist studies
- appraisal of proposed waste development plan sites and Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA)
- stakeholder relations, exhibitions and public consultations.