2 October 2014
We are celebrating another year of growth and success in Scotland.
We have observed a rapid increase in our order book and a corresponding increase in staff at our George Street office in Edinburgh, servicing clients as diverse as National Grid, Sainsbury’s, Vattenfall, SSE and BP.
Notable projects we have undertaken over the last 12 months include:
• Transport Solutions providing transport and access advice on behalf of Moray Offshore Renewables Limited for their proposed underground cable network, connecting a major new Offshore Wind Farm to the electricity grid in rural Aberdeenshire;
• The Ecology team undertaking ecology surveys for a major petro-chemical firm's estate in Scotland;
• The Geo-Environmental team undertaking a range of complex contaminated site investigations and remediations across the Central Belt for a major industrial use land holder;
• The WYG Planning team has successfully advised on a range of development projects, including helping to obtain planning permission for over ten Sainsbury’s local convenience stores in Scotland and the North East of England;
• Urban Planners have undertaken a number of new and redevelopment masterplans for residential developments ranging from 15 to over 200 homes; and
• A major new multi-disciplinary project win for a significant new design project in East Lothian.
In the last year, WYG has grown by a further 12 staff members in Edinburgh, proof of the recovering development market and of WYG’s continued expansion and growth in Scotland.
To celebrate this success, the company is hosting a client event on Thursday 2nd October.
Paul Hamer, Chief Executive Officer, WYG, said: “Scotland is an area of real growth for the group. The order book and pipeline of opportunities across Scotland is creating significant momentum and we are welcoming new colleagues into all of our discipline teams. The outlook for 2014 – 2015 is hugely encouraging."
We work across the globe providing expert technical assistance and consultancy services in a unique mix of disciplines. Our in-house team brings together 1,500 specialists who collaborate with a network of over 20,000 partners and associates from around the world.