Andrew Fotherby Divisional Director, Major Programmes
Andrew is a portfolio, programme and project leader who specialises in managing major infrastructure programmes. He is the Divisional Director for our Major Programmes Practice, leading our portfolio and programme management services across the UK and overseas. He is also the defence sector lead and key client manager for the Ministry of Defence and Defence Infrastructure Organisation. He also heads our Programme Management and Project Controls work with the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.
His recent work includes:
- Principal Support Provider (PSP) Framework – portfolio management of c£1.5bn capital investment in the Defence Estate in the UK
- Civilian Engineering Support Team (CEST) – portfolio management of project initiation, design and delivery of military infrastructure overseas
- Defence Estate Optimisation (DEO) Programme – requirement management and cost analysis of Footprint Strategy
- Army Basing Programme - £1.64bn programme to implement the Army 2020 Plan providing accommodation and infrastructure for the return of troops to the UK from Germany and the restructure of the Army in the UK
- Mina Salman Support Facility (MSSF) Bahrain – new Naval base and support facilities
- Road Rail Transfer Point, Defence Munitions Glen Douglas – new rail depot and supporting infrastructure
- Reserve Forces and Cadets Association – capacity studies of the Reserve Forces estate to accommodate organisational changes and estate rationalisation.
- Reserve Forces and Cadets Association – capacity studies of the Reserve Forces estate to accommodate organisational changes and estate rationalisation
Other key projects on which he has oversight include:
- Army Basing Programme delivery projects across the UK
- RAF Lossiemouth Development Programme - £400M redevelopment for P8 and Typhoon aircraft
- Security and Intruder Detection Surveillance Systems at HMNB Clyde
- Project BORONA, Stafford – £150M full barracks redevelopment
- RAF Lossiemouth, HV infrastructure replacement project
- Next Generation Estates Contracts – procurement and cost management support in the replacement of DIO facilities management contracts in the UK and overseas
- Defence Infrastructure Programme – technical support to the Programme Management Office
- Saudi Arabia National Guard Communications (SANGCOM) Project
- Salisbury Plain Training Area (SPTA) Housing Development.
Andrew is also the Corporate Representative for the Major Projects Association, and Association of Project Management.