Simon Coles Director - Planning & Environment
Simon advises developers, landowners and private clients on residential, retail, commercial and mixed use projects throughout the south west. He is also an experienced project manager, leading multidisciplinary project teams on large complex projects, usually as lead consultant.
Simon’s work spans all aspects of planning practice and procedure including preparing development appraisals, planning applications, leading negotiations with planning authorities in respect of development proposals and planning obligations, strategic promotion of land and community consultation. He also presents evidence at planning appeals and local plan examinations.
His recent projects include:
- Advising a landowner and developer consortium on a 1,300 dwelling scheme with 6ha of employment uses in Romsey, Hampshire
- Advising one member of a consortium in respect of a 1,800-unit scheme in North Dorset District
- Lead consultant on an outline and reserved matters applications for 300 dwellings in West Dorset
- 150-unit residential development and land for a new primary school in Teignbridge District
- Lead consultant on a 850-dwelling outline planning application in Newquay, Cornwall
- Lead consultant on a detailed application for a heliport in Penzance, Cornwall
- Reserved matters approval on a 9-turbine wind farm development in North Devon District
- Promoting sites for development through the EiP process in Cornwall, North Dorset, Mendip and Plymouth
- Extensions to Sainsbury’s stores at Chippenham, Talbot Heath and Godalming