Making a difference through ecology
Successful sustainable development requires ecologists who have a thorough and up-to-date understanding of ecology, including statutory obligations and predicted changes to policy, and who can communicate and integrate with a team to achieve their vision. Our large team of professional ecologists has experience of working across all sectors from small scale housing developments to Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects. The distribution and agility of the team means we deliver national projects with local knowledge and are able to resource significant schemes in-house at short notice, with appropriately qualified and experienced people.
- Ecological due diligence, preliminary ecological appraisals and extended Phase 1 habitat surveys;
- Protected species surveys and licence applications;
- Invasive species surveys including for Japanese knotweed;
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA);
Habitat creation and management plans;
- BREEAM assessment and ecological design;
- Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) and species translocation;
- Expert witness and specialist ecological advice;
- Aquatic ecology.
Projects we are proud to be involved with include:
- Inputting to masterplan design for Brookfield Garden Village to minimise impacts on biodiversity whilst maximising the developable area to create a community which links closely with the Environment.
- Providing advice and support to McVities Carlisle regarding a bat roost in a building which required demolition to allow flood defence works before the winter period;
- A great crested newt translocation at Jodrell Bank where the Natural England licence was obtained under exceptional circumstances, allowing extension work to take place on time for an internationally significant research centre; and
- RSPB Cliffe Pools – an award-winning and sustainable ecological enhancement project for an internationally designated site using waste material from large infrastructure projects.
Do you need to consider ecology in your programme? Download our Ecology Calendar or email firstname.lastname@example.org.