Alongside the SDI frameworks we deliver, we have been involved in a number of other projects across Scotland over the past few years including:
- Aerospace Innovation Centre: assessing company demand and engagement in a proposed aerospace innovation facility at Prestwick.
- National Manufacturing Institute for Scotland (NMIS) Demand Assessment: assessing company demand and engagement in the proposed NMIS with analysis of existing market research and market opportunity mapped against Scottish company capacity. This project included conducting over 100 in-depth interviews with employees and stakeholders.
- Scottish Tourism Innovation Mapping: this was a consultancy project which sought to map all the innovation support available to tourism businesses in Scotland, how they accessed and used that support; barriers to innovation; and the development of the current Tourism Innovation System map.
- Prestwick Aerospace and Space Development: identifying and maximising the contribution of Prestwick to the space and aerospace manufacturing sector. This included the economic opportunity of a Spaceport development at Prestwick and supply chain development within the aerospace sector.
- Scottish Manufacturing Research Project: this was an extensive programme of research across all Scottish manufacturing sectors to provide the industry evidence base and demand for the Scottish Manufacturing Action Plan.
- Construction Scotland: an initial consultancy project to develop a refreshed Strategy for the Construction industry in Scotland 2012-16 led to a further commission through Construction Scotland in 2017/18 to work with the industry to develop a Refreshed Construction Strategy 2018-2021. Extensive industry consultation and interviews, supply chain mapping and the identification of industry areas of competitive and innovation advantage were undertaken in both pieces of work.
- International Market Assessment Projects: We have also undertaken a range of International research projects looking at the international opportunities for Scottish companies in selected overseas markets including for the Scottish water technology sector and the Scottish interiors sectors.